The 13th International Conference on Concept Lattices and Their Applications
Visas and Invitations
Every foreign citizen needs a Russian visa to enter / leave Russia, except citizents of visa-free countries. The full list of visa-free countries. More on getting Russian visa can be found here You can get a Russian visa in a Russian consulate at the country you are currently in.To apply for Russian visa you need the following set of documents (as provided by Russian Federal Migration Service):
- A valid identity document, accepted as such by the Russian Federation;
- A completed visa application form (it is a questionnaire available in the consulate for free. Also most Russian consulates have the current Russian visa application form on their websites, so you need fill it out, print 2 copies, and submit it along with the other paperwork) with one photo
- One photo (30x40 mm)
- A medical insurance policy, unless otherwise is provided for by international agreements of the Russian Federation (You need to make sure your health insurance is valid in Russia and that it's issued by a major company (AXA, Allianz, etc – usually listed on the consulate's website);
- An additional certificate proving that the applicant does not have HIV (AIDS), in case you apply for a visa for a term exceeding three months;
- An original visa support letter (invitation). The originals of the visa support (invitation) documents are required if you are applying for a multiple-entry or if you are applying in one of the following countries: Switzerland, Sweden, and sometimes Australia, Japan, and Germany. It is always better to ask the Russian consulate first whether they accept copies of invitations or only originals and to specify it when applying for an invitation to facilitate processing.
The invitations for HSE conference participants are arranged by local organizing committee . To request a visa invitation letter fill in the form (CLA2016_Application_for_invitation.doc) and send the filled form along with the scan of the first page of your passport to Ekaterina Chernyak (firstname.lastname@example.org). You will receive the invitation letter in Russian within a week.
The size of consular fees for issuing Russian visa is established on the basis of reciprocity. For citizens of European Union visa fee is 35 Euros, and in case of urgent visa (not more than three days), it is doubled.
From the 25th of November 2002, all foreigners are obliged to fill in a migration card, which will be given to them the instant they cross the Russian border. It is required to put in the migration card: 1) personal information, 2) terms of stay in Russia and the purposes of the visit and 3) the prospective residential address. It is obligatory to fill in the name of the inviting company and the address of the inviting company. The card should be handed over to immigration officials on the border when leaving the country. The migration card is not something complicated; it's just another paper to fill in and is similar to the "landing card" given to non EU citizens when they fly to Europe. Please, do not lose a migration card! In case of damage or loss of migration cards foreign citizen must within 3 days declare this in the office of FMS of Russia (the address is Pyatnickaya st., 49)) in order to get a duplicate of damaged or lost migration card. Migration card duplicate is issued free of charge.
Upon arrival to Russia a foreign citizen needs to go through the visa registration procedure in Immigration service within 3 working days. If you live in a hotel it goes automatically at the place of residence being arranged by a hotel.
The procedure of migration registration is free of charge.
If you have any questions concerning visa, invitation letters, etc. Please contact Ekaterina Chernyak ( email@example.com ).